Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Escambia
Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 8:08 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 19, 2015
605 am CDT Sat Apr 18 2015
... High rip current risk now in effect through Sunday evening...
* timing... through Sunday evening.
* Impacts... dangerous swimming conditions can be expected due to
the presence of stronger and more frequent rip currents.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Sunday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of Alabama... northwest Florida and southeast
Mississippi... including the following areas... in Alabama...
Butler... Choctaw... Clarke... Conecuh... Covington... Crenshaw...
Escambia... lower Baldwin... lower Mobile... Monroe... upper
Baldwin... upper Mobile... Washington and Wilcox. In northwest
Florida... coastal Escambia... coastal Okaloosa... coastal Santa
Rosa... inland Escambia... inland Okaloosa and inland Santa
Rosa. In southeast Mississippi... George... Greene... Perry...
stone and Wayne.
* Through Sunday evening
* what and where... the potential for flash flooding will continue
across the region through Sunday. Showers and thunderstorms
capable of producing 2 to 4 inches or more rainfall in a brief
period of time will periodically develop and move across the area.
* Impacts... possible Road closures. Local creek flooding... as
well as water flowing over roadways will develop in areas that
receive the highest rain.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Stay tuned for further updates from your National Weather Service
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory