Current Watches and Warnings
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:37 PM EDT on May 01, 2016
... April 2016 climate summary for Jacksonville...
... near normal temperatures and rainfall...
Summary... severe weather moved through the area early in the month
causing numerous trees and powerlines downed... minor structural
damage... and two EF-1 tornadoes in southeast Georgia on April 1st.
The remainder of the month was fairly quiet with one more day of
severe weather on the 22nd which caused minor damage across Duval
County. Otherwise... April ended up with near normal temperatures
and near normal rainfall amounts.
At Jacksonville International Airport...
Temperatures... the average temperature for April was 68.5 degrees
which is 1.5 degrees above normal for Jacksonville International
Airport. The average daily high was 80.0 degrees and the average
daily low was 57.0 degrees. The maximum temperature for the month
was 90 degrees on the 29th and the minimum for the month was 42
degrees which occurred on the 10th. There was one day with a maximum
temperature of 90 degrees or above. No temperature records were set
during the month of April.
Rainfall... there were 7 days of measurable rainfall in April at
Jacksonville International Airport. Monthly rainfall totaled 2.69
inches which is 0.05 inches above normal. The greatest 24 hour total
in April was 1.35 inches on the 2nd which accounted for 50 percent
of the monthly total rainfall. No precipitation records were set in
the month of April.
Wind... the average wind speed for April was 8.6 miles per hour.
The peak wind gust for the month was 37 miles per hour on the 8th.
For energy consumption purposes... there were 21 heating degree
days... which is 34 below normal. There were 134 cooling degree
days... which is 21 above normal.
May outlook... the temperature outlook for may indicates heightened
chances of above normal temperatures. The precipitation outlook for
may indicates a heightened chances of above normal precipitation.
The normal monthly average temperature for may is 74.1 degrees. The
average Max temperature is 85.5 degrees and the average min
temperature is 62.7 degrees. Average rainfall for the month of may
is 2.48 inches.
Additional rainfall reports from around the area...
FL Mayport naval station 3.21
FL Jasper 4.05
FL Beauclerc 2.44
FL Jacksonville Beach 4.09
FL Lake City 4.97
FL Lake City 2 E 4.11
FL Glen St Mary 1 W 2.94
FL South Ponte Vedra Beach 1.83
FL guana river State Park 1.19
FL Palm Coast 6 NE 1.13
FL Crescent City 1.51
FL Gainesville rgnl ap 1.66
FL Hastings 4ne 1.25
FL Starke 3.35
FL Ocala 0.94
FL Jacksonville Craig Muni ap 2.77
FL Jacksonville Intl ap 2.69
FL Jacksonville NAS 2.99
FL St Augustine LH 2.35
FL Bell 4nw 3.43
FL Federal Point 1.04
GA Manor 4.41
GA Baxley 5 NNW 3.09
GA Pridgen 4.27
GA Homerville 3.91
GA Alma Bacon co ap 3.32
GA Nahunta 6 NE 4.70
GA Fargo 17 NE 4.21
GA Brunswick 2.17
GA Brunswick Malcolm McKinnon ap 2.65
GA Woodbine 2.51
Rainfall reports are preliminary. Co-op sites report a 24 hour total
not based on a midnight to midnight calendar day.
For additional rainfall reports check out cocorahs... the community
collaborative rain... hail... and snow network. This public volunteer
rain gauge network is open to anyone willing to measure and report
precipitation. Go to the cocorahs website for more information and
to sign up. Http://www.Cocorahs.Org
- Alabama - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flood Advisory
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory, Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement