Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 4:39 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 4:39 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the St Mary's River at Macclenny.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 3:45 PM Friday the stage was 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 14.6 feet by
Monday morning then begin falling.
* Impact... at 14.0 feet... minor flooding of low bottomlands along the
river and some lower river access roads.
* Impact... at 12.0 feet... this will cause minor flooding of low lying
areas and Timber lands.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Sat sun Mon Tue Wed
Macclenny 12 13.0 Fri 04 PM 13.4 14.2 14.6 14.6 14.3
Lat... Lon 3035 8220 3034 8203 3062 8198 3062 8204 3038 8207 3041 8221
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 6:10 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
... High rip current risk remains in effect until 6 am EDT
... High surf advisory is cancelled...
* impacts... rip currents will be common at area beaches through
tonight. Beach goers should exercise caution if entering
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement