Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, St. Johns
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:34 AM EDT on April 20, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on April 20, 2014
... High rip current risk in effect through this evening...
The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a high
rip current risk... which is in effect through this evening.
* Timing... strong northerly winds will create a longshore
current... combining with easterly swells to produce a high risk
of rip currents today. This threat will likely continue tonight
* Impacts... rip currents will be common at area beaches today.
Beach goers should exercise caution if entering the surf.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Special Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Special Statement