Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:03 PM EDT on August 29, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 31, 2015
... Flood Watch in effect through Monday evening...
The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a
* Flood Watch for portions of Florida and east central Florida...
including the following in Florida... northern ... Brevard
County and southern Brevard County. In east central Florida...
coastal Volusia County... Indian River... inland Volusia
County... Martin... Northern Lake County... Okeechobee... Orange...
Osceola... Seminole... Southern Lake County and St. Lucie.
* Through Monday evening
* deep tropical moisture over the region combined with the
tropical moisture from the remnants of Erika currently over
central Cuba will create a threat for very heavy rainfall across
east central Florida through Monday. 2 to 3 inches of rain with
locally higher amounts 3 to 5 inches are possible.
* Heavy rain may create significant flooding of streets... urban
areas... and low lying flood prone areas.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement