Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:42 PM EDT on August 30, 2015
Expires 10:42 AM EDT on August 31, 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Peace River at Zolfo Springs
* until further notice.
* At 08 PM Sunday the stage was 17.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 16 feet.
* The river will continue rising to near 18.5 feet by early
Tuesday morning then begin falling.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 17.6
feet on Oct 11 2011.
Fld observed forecast 8am
location stg stg day time Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
zolfo Sprin 16 17.3 sun 08 PM 17.8 18.5 18.3 17.5 16.7
Lat... Lon 2762 8176 2735 8179 2735 8187 2762 8184
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 31, 2015
... Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of FL and Florida... including the following in ...
FL... coastal Charlotte... coastal Hernando... coastal
Hillsborough... coastal Lee... coastal Manatee... coastal Pasco...
coastal Sarasota... inland Charlotte... inland Hernando...
inland Hillsborough... inland Lee... inland Manatee... inland
Pasco and inland Sarasota. In Florida... DeSoto... Hardee...
Highlands... Pinellas and Polk.
* Through this evening
* deep tropical moisture over the region will create a threat
for very heavy rainfall across west central and southwest
Florida through Monday. 2 to 4 inches of rain with locally
higher amounts is possible.
* Heavy rain may create significant flooding of streets... urban
areas... and low lying flood prone areas. Additional river
flooding may develop across west central Florida... and
flooding will likely be exacerbated on rivers currently in
A Flood Watch means that flooding is possible during the next
24 to 36 hours. Residents living in flood prone areas should take
action to protect property.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Ohio - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report