Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Inland Miami-Dade County
Statement as of 5:24 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
Tornado Watch 84 remains in effect until 1000 am EDT for the
. Florida counties included are
Brevard Broward Collier
Glades Hendry Indian River
Martin Miami-Dade Monroe
Okeechobee Osceola Palm Beach
Statement as of 5:01 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
Expires 5:45 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
... Significant weather advisory for northwestern inland Miami-Dade
County... southeastern inland Collier County... north central Mainland
Monroe... western inland Broward County... southeastern Hendry... south
central inland Palm Beach County and southeastern coastal Collier
County until 545 am EDT...
At 458 am EDT... Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near
Big Cypress National Preserve... or 12 miles north of Monroe
station... moving east at 50 mph.
Winds in excess of 40 mph will be possible with this storm.
Locations impacted include...
Everglades City... Ochopee... Monroe station... Chokoloskee... Miccosukee
Indian reservation... Copeland... Big Cypress National Preserve...
Plantation Island... intersection Alligator alley and Miami canal...
mile marker 60 on Alligator alley... Carnestown... Dade-Collier
training Airport... Miccosukee service Plaza... Oasis Ranger Station...
West Broward rec. Area on Alligator alley and Collier County rest
area on Alligator alley.
Frequent cloud to ground lightning is occurring with this storm.
Lightning can strike 15 miles away from a thunderstorm. Seek a safe
shelter inside a building or vehicle.
A Tornado Watch remains in effect until 1000 am EDT Saturday morning
for all of South Florida and adjacent waters.
Lat... Lon 2620 8117 2639 8063 2584 8057 2578 8126
2578 8127 2579 8126 2580 8126 2580 8134
2583 8136 2581 8136 2583 8137 2585 8139
time... Mot... loc 0858z 256deg 44kt 2603 8103
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement