Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Palm Beach County
Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 11:29 AM EDT on October 08, 2015
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on October 09, 2015
... Coastal Flood Advisory in effect until 9 am EDT Friday...
... High rip current risk now in effect through late tonight...
The National Weather Service in Miami has issued a coastal Flood
Advisory... which is in effect until 9 am EDT Friday.
* Coastal flooding/rip currents... dangerous rip currents are
expected on beaches. Coastal flooding... including street
flooding... is possible around periods of high tide.
* Timing... through tonight. Coastal flooding risk is highest near
high tides... and rip currents are most likely between high and
low tides. The next high tides are 6 PM this evening and 630 am
Friday morning. The next low tide is at midnight.
* Impacts... strong rip currents at local beaches are possible.
Dangerous swimming conditions will continue. Flooding possible
around high tide in sensitive locations. Street flooding also
in poorly drained and low-lying areas.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report