Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Palm Beach County
Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 6:01 PM EDT on August 29, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2015
448 PM EDT Sat Aug 29 2015
... High rip current risk in effect until Sunday evening...
The National Weather Service in Miami has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect until Sunday evening...
* timing... through Sunday evening.
* Impacts... persistent gusty easterly winds will affect the East
Coast Metro areas of South Florida through Sunday evening.
Dangerous swimming conditions will continue through Sunday
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
... Flood Watch in effect from late tonight through late Sunday
The National Weather Service in Miami has issued a
* Flood Watch for a portion of South Florida... including the
following coastal Broward... coastal ... Collier... coastal Miami
Dade... coastal Palm Beach... far South Miami Dade... Glades...
Hendry... inland Broward... inland Collier... inland Miami Dade...
inland Palm Beach... Mainland Monroe... Metro Broward... Metro
Miami Dade and Metro Palm Beach.
* From late tonight through late Sunday night
* deep tropical moisture associated with the remnants of Erika
currently extending from the central Bahamas to central Cuba
will be moving into South Florida late tonight through Sunday
night. This will create a threat for very heavy rainfall across
South Florida with rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches along with
the possibility of much higher amounts where showers and
thunderstorms move over the same area.
* Heavy rain may create significant flooding of streets... urban
areas... and low lying flood prone areas.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Alabama - Areal Flood Advisory
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Dust Storm Warning , Blowing Dust Advisory, Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement