Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Miami Dade County
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 12:25 AM EDT on October 26, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on October 27, 2016
... High rip current risk remains in effect from 5 am EDT early
this morning through Thursday morning...
* timing... through early Thursday morning.
* Impacts... life threatening rip currents are expected through
early Thursday morning.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
Swim near a lifeguard. If caught in a rip current remain calm.
Don't fight the current. Swim in a direction following the
shoreline. If unable to escape... face the shore and call or wave
for help. If tired... float or tread water until out of the rip
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Delaware - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- District of Columbia - Frost Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Hydrologic Statement
- Iowa - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Frost Advisory
- Louisiana - Special Statement , Record Report
- Maryland - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Massachusetts - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory
- New Jersey - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Ohio - Frost Advisory
- Oregon - Wind Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Rhode Island - Freeze Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- West Virginia - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory