Current Watches and Warnings
California, Carquinez Strait and Delta
Statement as of 2:26 PM PDT on March 18, 2018
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on March 19, 2018
... Another series of storm systems this week...
*localized urban and flood stream flooding possible this week.
*Chain controls and hazardous travel across Sierra passes,
especially late this week.
*Localized power outages due to gusty winds and downed trees.
.Timing and strength...
*tuesday through Friday
*initially higher snow levels, then lowering Thursday through
*1 to 2 inches of rain possible in the valley, 2 to 6 inches
over the mountains.
*12 to 48 inches of snow possible over higher Sierra passes.
California has a couple days break in between storm systems. The
next storm system is already on our doorstep, with light
precipitation expected to begin across the region on Tuesday. The
period of heaviest precipitation and gusty winds is currently
projected to be Wednesday through Thursday. Snow levels will start
out initially rather high, but colder air will arrive late this
week, and another round of heavy snow is expected for late this
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- California - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Guam - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Winter Weather Advisory
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Avalanche Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Special Statement