Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Northern Panhandle
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 8:13 AM PDT on March 24, 2017
Expires 4:24 AM EDT on March 29, 2017
643 am PDT Fri Mar 24 2017
... A Flood Warning for rain and snowmelt remains in effect until noon
PDT Saturday for Bonner... boundary... Shoshone... Stevens... Ferry...
north and West Spokane and Pend Oreille counties...
* recent rain and snow melt will result in increased runoff with
localized small stream flooding... as well as field flooding.
Flooding will continue to remain a threat for many area
lakes... including Davis... Williams... eloika... and Newman. Our
unusually wet and snowy winter has raised the water table
unusually high over north Idaho and a large portion of Washington.
Flooding is ongoing in many areas. This includes the Colville
river going over Highway 395. A wet weather pattern will continue
through the middle of next week. Widespread valley rain is
expected today changing to showers Saturday. Sunday may end up a
dry day before more rounds of rain Monday through Wednesday.
* The saturated ground has produced conditions ripe for landslides
and debris flows on steep slopes around the area. Residents with
homes on or at the base of hillsides should be aware of the
potential for landslides and watch for trees leaning in unusual
orientations... water and mud seepage where not expected and other
signs of potential ground movement.
* In addition to small stream and field flooding... the Spokane
river... St. Joe river... and lake Coeur D'Alene will continue to
experience flooding through at least the middle of next week.
* Additional mudslides or Road washouts are possible as well.
Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you
can do so safely.
Lat... Lon 4693 11633 4789 11632 4799 11651 4798 11702
4782 11706 4781 11738 4758 11771 4726 11757
4726 11782 4783 11782 4794 11824 4783 11841
4796 11885 4900 11884 4900 11606 4798 11605
4770 11572 4743 11575 4694 11498 4694 11499
The Flood Warning continues for
lake Coeur D Alene .
* Until late Tuesday night.
* At 5:30 am Friday the stage was 2134.21 feet.
* Flood stage is 2133.00 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and will continue.
* Forecast... the river is expected to continue to fall to below flood
stage by Tuesday early afternoon.
Lat... Lon 4773 11694 4771 11656 4733 11667 4730 11696 4773 11694
* at 2134.4 feet... Squaw Bay Road at neachen Bay and Blue Lake Road
near Springston bridge in Harrison may be flooded at this stage.
Flooding may also occur at this stage on Black Rock Road east of
Highway 3, Lake Road, Thompson Lake Road, Willow Creek Road and
Evans Creek Road.
* At 2134.0 feet... Harbor Island may begin to experience minor
flooding. Water may begin to cover Loffs Bay Road at Loffs Bay.
* At 2133.5 feet... low areas at campground on Wolf Lodge Bay Road,
near I-90 and highgway 97, may begin to flood.
* At 2133.0 feet... if there are waves or boat wakes there may be some
minor flooding of residential and commercial property around the
lake. Flooding of lowland areas and some secondary roads adjacent
to Route 3 is likely, including Killarney Lake Road, Bull Run Road,
Rainey Hill Road, Medimont Road, and River Road between Highway 3
and Tamarack Ridge Road. Loffs Bay Road at Mica creek may also
begin to flood.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Winter Weather Statement
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Warning
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, High Surf Advisory
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory
- Idaho - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Maine - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Missouri - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory
- Rhode Island -
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning