Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Central Willamette Valley
Special Statement, Air Stagnation Advisory
Statement as of 3:36 AM PST on December 15, 2017
Expires 1:00 PM EST on December 15, 2017
151 PM PST Thu Dec 14 2017
... Patchy light freezing rain possible this morning...
A front offshore will push increasing rain into the region later
this morning. At 3 am, temperatures in many lowland areas were in
the upper 20s to lower 30s. Temperatures will rise this morning.
But, there is a chance that temperatures may not warm above
freezing before the rain begins. This would result in patchy
light freezing rain. Since rainfall will be light, little if any
ice accumulation is expected.
Threat of the freezing rain will be 5 am and 8 am for valleys in
the Coast Range and Willapa Hills, and from 8 to 10 am for the
Willamette Valley and Clark County.
Again, most areas will not see the freezing rain, as will be
quite patchy and short-lived.
Threat of patchy freezing rain may last until 1 PM for valleys in
the South Washington Cascades, far north Oregon Cascades and Upper
Hood River Valley.
Motorist driving about this morning should be prepared for locally
... Air stagnation advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST
* air quality... air quality may remain diminished due to an
extended period of stagnant air conditions.
* Timing... through early Friday morning.
* Locations... the southern Willamette Valley.
* Impacts... limited ventilation may result in deteriorating air
quality continuing through early Friday.
An air stagnation advisory indicates that due to limited movement
of an air mass across the advisory area, pollution will increase
to dangerous levels. Persons with respiratory illness should
follow their physicians advice for dealing with high levels of
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Delaware - Winter Weather Advisory
- District of Columbia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Florida -
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois -
- Indiana -
- Kansas - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Maine - Wind Chill Advisory , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri -
- Montana - Wind Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory, Freezing Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada -
- New Jersey - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico -
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Warning
- Oregon - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement, Air Stagnation Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Wind Advisory
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Winter Weather Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Statement